Fresh Cran-Orange Relish Adds Tang to Holiday Turkey
Nothing goes better with Thanksgiving turkey (or week night chicken) than our fresh cranberry-orange relish. Ripe, juicy Florida navel oranges add the perfect touch of sweetness to naturally tart cranberries in what is destined to become a favorite family recipe. Our Fresh Cran-Orange Relish is so tasty; you’ll want to make a double batch so you have plenty to go with turkey leftovers. There’s nothing tastier than leftover turkey slathered with relish and sandwiched between thick slices of pumpernickel or rye bread!
Tip: For a festive holiday color boost, substitute Florida Scarlet Red navel oranges for navel oranges in the recipe below when serving our relish during the Christmas holidays.
Florida Orange Fresh Cran-Orange Relish
1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
2 Fresh Florida navel oranges
1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- Wash oranges. Peel 1 orange but leave the other unpeeled. Cut both oranges in half, remove the white center core and cut oranges into thick chunks.
- Rinse and drain cranberries. Place cranberries and unpeeled orange chunks in food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add peeled orange and 1/2 cup sugar. Pulse again until well mixed.
- Taste. Add additional sugar if desired. Pulse to mix.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Recipe variations. Try adding one or more of the following ingredients to your relish:
1 Apple, cored but not peeled, cut into chunks
1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, cut into chunks
1/2 cup pecans, chopped; stir into finished relish