Tip: For a festive holiday color boost, substitute Florida Scarlet Red navel oranges for navel oranges in the recipe below when serving our relish during the Christmas holidays.
Florida Orange Fresh Cran-Orange Relish
1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
2 Fresh Florida navel oranges
1/2 to 1 cup sugar
- Wash oranges. Peel 1 orange but leave the other unpeeled. Cut both oranges in half, remove the white center core and cut oranges into thick chunks.
- Rinse and drain cranberries. Place cranberries and unpeeled orange chunks in food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped.
- Add peeled orange and 1/2 cup sugar. Pulse again until well mixed.
- Taste. Add additional sugar if desired. Pulse to mix.
- Refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to blend. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Recipe variations. Try adding one or more of the following ingredients to your relish:
1 Apple, cored but not peeled, cut into chunks
1 jalapeno pepper, seeds and stem removed, cut into chunks
1/2 cup pecans, chopped; stir into finished relish