There’s much more to Florida navel oranges than vitamin C. Well known for their high vitamin C content – one 8-ounce glass of Florida orange juice supplies 100% or more of the daily recommended requirement for vitamin C — Florida navel oranges are also an excellent natural source of other essential nutrients, including vitamin B, folate, dietary fiber and potassium. But the health benefits of Florida navel oranges also include antioxidants and phytochemicals vital in protecting the body against illness and potentially life-threatening chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke and cancer.
To promote good health, nutritionists recommend eating 8 to 10 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. To obtain maximum nutrition from the food you eat, choose fresh fruits and vegetables and freshly squeezed juices whenever possible. Fewer vitamins and nutrients are lost when fruits and vegetables come directly from the growing source as they do when you purchase fresh-picked Florida citrus from FloridaOrange.com.
Low in calories and 100% fat, salt and cholesterol free, Florida navel oranges are a healthy choice if you’re trying to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight. They also offer an impressive list of health benefits:
• Vitamin C promotes healthy growth of collagen and connective tissues, promotes wound healing and tissue repair, aids treatment of anemia and stress, reduces the length of colds, helps prevent cataract formation, helps prevents free radical damage associated with cancer and chronic diseases such as heart disease, hypertension and stroke..
• Complex carbohydrates boost energy and help stabilize blood sugar.
• Dietary fiber aids digestion and helps prevent colon cancer.
• Folate promotes new cell production and healthy growth and helps prevent neural tube birth defects such as spina bifida.
• Potassium plays a role in muscle contraction and maintaining healthy blood pressure.
• Phytochemcials protect against chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
Give yourself a healthy boost; order fresh-picked Florida navel oranges from FloridaOrange.com today!